Milling is one of the oldest machining processes around. But despite its venerable age, milling still has many benefits that are often overlooked! This blog post will look at surface milling and explore some of its lesser-known benefits. So without further ado, let’s get started!
What is Surface Milling?
Surface milling is a process used to remove a pavement layer from a road- typically anywhere from 2 to 5 inches. This process is often used before resurfacing and can help level out uneven asphalt or concrete. Surface milling involves a large machine that cuts away the top layer of pavement with a high-powered rotating drum.
The Benefits of Surface Milling
Surface milling has several benefits, both in terms of efficiency and results. Here are just a few of the reasons why you should consider surface milling for your next project:
- It’s Fast – Surface milling is a fast and effective way to remove a pavement layer. Professionals complete the surface milling process in a matter of hours, much quicker than traditional methods like jackhammering or manual removal.
- It’s Efficient – Not only is surface milling fast, but it’s also relatively low cost. This makes it an efficient option for projects with limited time and budget.
- It’s Effective – Contractors employ surface milling tools to remove pavement defects, including potholes, cracks, and uneven surfaces. This makes surface milling ideal for creating a high-quality, smooth pavement surface.
- Makes Pavement Installation Easier – Since surface milling removes the top layer of pavement, it is easier to install new pavements. Surface milling ensures the new pavement has a level surface to bond to.
- It’s Versatile – You can also use surface milling on asphalt, concrete, and gravel surfaces. This makes it a versatile solution for a variety of different projects.
Are There Any DIY Surface Milling Methods?
Trained technicians skilled in the art of leveling surfaces are better suited to handling complex surface milling machines. While DIY surface restoration and leveling methods are possible, it’s best to leave this work to professionals.
Despite these unsung benefits, surface milling is often overlooked in favor of more traditional pavement repair methods. However, surface milling is worth considering if you’re looking for a high-quality, efficient, and versatile solution!
Why Should You Leave Surface Milling to Professionals?
Surface milling isn’t as easy as it looks. The machines used for this process are large, heavy, and expensive. Not to mention, the process itself requires a high level of precision.
If you need professional pavement services that exceed your expectations, look no further than Brothers Paving & Concrete. We provide surface milling and much more to homeowners and businesses in Fairfax and the surrounding areas. Our team is dedicated to providing excellent customer service. Contact us today for a free estimate on your next paving project.